Newbie... Sorry ;-)

On my way to find the sweet spot for the SWG now, seems I need about 2-3ppm of new chlorine during a day (very sunny here and lots of rain). Does that sound reasonable for Southwest Florida? Maybe it gets a little less when I ramp um my CYA to around 60 (30 now), bus reading some tech articles about cys/fc relation, 30 is supposed to enough to give a reasonable "sunscreen", right?

As of CH, what do I add to get this up?

For a salt pool, you'll want the CYA closer to 70 to protect the FC during the day. To increase the CH, you want calcium chlorine. Calcium hardness can be raised with calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate. They are available in some areas as Peladow, Dowflake, Tetra Flake, or Tetra 94, often sold as a deicer by hardware stores, and some big box stores, in colder climates. Pool stores will carry either calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate under a variety of names, including Hardness Plus, Balance Pak 300, Calcium Hardness Increaser, etc. Calcium products should be spread across the surface of the deep end of the pool

(y)

I will increase CYA with liquid stabilizer (or do you think the granulated one is "better"?) and add some calcium chloride... Homedepot has 4lb bags for pool usage!

I will increase CYA with liquid stabilizer (or do you think the granulated one is "better"?)
Personal choice really. I always use the granular (cheaper) and I'm used to the sock-soaking method. It's fast, reliable, and easy for me. The liquid (gold) is expensive and quite thick to use. But use whatever feels right for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.