Georgetown, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm trying to learn all about my pool components and have a couple questions on skimmers...
  1. In trying to identify my Hayward skimmer, I checked under the cover, and it lists a bunch of models, including SP1070 and 1071. They seem to be similar, and share a manual, so maybe it doesn't matter, but is there a way to differentiate?
    IMG_5822.jpg
  2. The manual lists 3 different configurations: basic (second pipe plugged), with suction outlet, and with equalizer line. I have 2 holes with the back connected to the pump and the front connected to the pool just below the skimmer. It appears to be an equalizer line... is this correct?
    IMG_5824.jpg
  3. Either the suction or equalizer line setup show in the manual as being used with a "float bypass assembly" and the equalizer line setup also has an "equalizer valve" - mine has nothing but the two holes at the bottom. Am I missing a part here?
    IMG_5825.jpg
Thanks in advance for any assistance!

In trying to identify my Hayward skimmer, I checked under the cover, and it lists a bunch of models, including SP1070 and 1071. They seem to be similar, and share a manual, so maybe it doesn't matter, but is there a way to differentiate?

1071 has a knockout int he back for an overflow port.

The manual lists 3 different configurations: basic (second pipe plugged), with suction outlet, and with equalizer line. I have 2 holes with the back connected to the pump and the front connected to the pool just below the skimmer. It appears to be an equalizer line... is this correct?

Yes

Either the suction or equalizer line setup show in the manual as being used with a "float bypass assembly" and the equalizer line setup also has an "equalizer valve" - mine has nothing but the two holes at the bottom. Am I missing a part here?

I think you will find the equalizer valve more trouble then it is worth which is why prior owners removed it. It only comes into play when the water level drops below the skimmer mouth which is unlikely to happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.