Newbie showing off my remodel completed earlier this month

livinwell

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Apache Junction
It wasn't always green, but all the other amenities encouraged me to gut it all:

Now for the new me...

:sun: If I keep the potted plants alive, I may spend some more money on landscaping.

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
What a change! You have created an oasis out there. I am a fan of multiple umbrellas, too! Great before and after pix. Good luck with those potted plants! :wink: ...and welcome to TFP.

Joyce

livinwell

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Apache Junction
Thank you all for the compliments and the welcome to the site.

Pooladdict - The freestanding umbrella by the chaise is the problem child. I have about 20 spare pavers sitting atop the base to keep it on the ground. The umbrella doesn't lift as much as it spins and whirls with the breeze. I had it closer to the wall when I first got it and it spun around, cleared the wall and was providing shade for my neighbor.

SeanB - thanks for adding me to the slideshow

Crabboy - Had to redo the exterior when the aluminum awnings came down, but it was worth it. They had taken the top layer of stucco with them, so it presented an opportunity. (optomist way of thinking)

New2pools - Enjoy your overhaul. I know it is very satisfying. Kitchen and baths for me next year. Shows where my priorities lie.