Newbie question (AUS). What is start-up and closing?

Youfah Mizzum

Sep 7, 2020
Sydney Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I saw this topic about pool startup and closing.
What is pool closing? From what I gather, its preparing the pool for winter when there's no swimming? And startup is getting the pool back into shape for summer time?

A few years ago I owned a pool for 15 years or so but moved out of that house 10 years ago. I never did anything special for winter, just dialled back the filter running time by a few hours a day.
And drawing near to summer, I just checked the chemicals & did whatever topup was needed and added a few hours to the filter running time. That was it.

And as a new user, I have just joined these forums because I am getting a concrete pool built now.

I am in Sydney, Australia. Well, not entirely true - about an hour north.

Here is a link to how to do it. As to the why............if your pool turns into an ice rink in the winter you need to close it to keep the pipes and equipment from freezing solid and risk breaking.

I am in FL so am one of the lucky ones that do not have to close. On the rare occasions it gets down to freezing here I just run the pump to keep the water moving through the pipes and equipment.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.