NEWBIE Pool Help Please - StoneScapes vs. QuartzScapes quality & Warranty vs Pebbletech

choochylkn

Apr 24, 2019
NC
My 1st post, so please be kind ;). I have searched the question and the answers are all over the place. Also, most all are from 2008-2013 so I don't know if they are relevant. We are building a new house and in the final stages of picking a pool contractor. One does NPT (Stone & Quartz Scapes). We really like a smaller contractor and price is very reasonable. The other does PebbleTec and is a very large pool company and much more expensive. I don't know if this is relative but the pool will be a salt system and about 16'x34'. We will also have an 8 ft spa. So I'll try to keep this short:

1) NPT appears to be more of a plaster based application whereas Pebbletec is more concrete, correct? Is one better than the other?
2) Any comment to the longevity of any of the 3 types in the title?
3) There is an up-charge to go from QuartzScapes to StoneScapes. Is it worth it (i.e. - looks, feel, quality)?
4) Any comments to the warranty and support of NPT vs Pebbletec?
5) Any all encompassing "this is what most new pool owners do wrong / don't think of / wish they hadn't done"? I'm beginning to read the "New to Group" but thought I would post the question anyway.

I"m grateful for any insight you can provide!

Regards,

EC

Attachments

• Sample View.JPG
    Sample View.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 29
My replies are in bold below.

My 1st post, so please be kind ;). I have searched the question and the answers are all over the place. Also, most all are from 2008-2013 so I don't know if they are relevant. We are building a new house and in the final stages of picking a pool contractor. One does NPT (Stone & Quartz Scapes). We really like a smaller contractor and price is very reasonable. The other does PebbleTec and is a very large pool company and much more expensive. I don't know if this is relative but the pool will be a salt system and about 16'x34'. We will also have an 8 ft spa. So I'll try to keep this short:

1) NPT appears to be more of a plaster based application whereas Pebbletec is more concrete, correct? Is one better than the other?
They are all plaster based. Two of them have pebbles/stone while the other has quartz in a smaller size than the stone/pebbles.
2) Any comment to the longevity of any of the 3 types in the title?
Pebble/stone the longest life, quartz a little less. They can all last 20+ years with proper water maintenance.
3) There is an up-charge to go from QuartzScapes to StoneScapes. Is it worth it (i.e. - looks, feel, quality)?
This can be very personal.
4) Any comments to the warranty and support of NPT vs Pebbletec?
I’m not up to speed on that but some reading in their websites should get you the answer pretty quickly. Pebbletec certifies it’s installers while others do not from what I’ve heard. The installers make all the difference and any of them can be good.
5) Any all encompassing "this is what most new pool owners do wrong / don't think of / wish they hadn't done"? I'm beginning to read the "New to Group" but thought I would post the question anyway.
There are several. I’ll try to find some and post links to them. Unless someone beats me to it.

I"m grateful for any insight you can provide!

Regards,

EC

Ok, for those “what would I do differently” threads do this:

In the search box type the word differently. Then click the gear or go to advanced. Click the “search titles only” option then click search. You will get a bunch of great threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.