Newbie member

rcarfrae

Dec 16, 2019
Schertz Tx
Hi All. I have been maintaining my pool for about 2 years with good success, and recently have started to take care of a friend's pool. I bought a Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006 so I can get a better grasp on the testing. Also this is my first run in with the Watergram and it seems a bit daunting. Is there an order to running the tests? I have been going to Leslie's Pool Supplies, but wondering if there are better options to get the chemicals cheaper? I'll keep looking through the site as I am sure my questions have been answered already.

Howdy RCarfrae, glad to have you join us here at TFP. We are full of helpful folks (experts, other pool owners, pool builder types, yada, yada...)

The TFP method of pool care is all about using the least amount or costly chemicals yet the very same ones pool stores will sell. For example, Alkalinity Increaser is nothing more than expensive Baking Soda! I can buy huge bags of that at big box stores for a fraction of the cost Leslies sells it. Chlorine....well, liquid chlorine is the same as plain, unadulterated household bleach! Just a different strength, and PoolMath will adjust the quantity to match the strength I have on hand so it works great!

Check this out--> Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool

Holler in the forums for any help you need :)

Maddie :flower:

Hey neighbor! :wave: Welcome. In our area, I find Home Depot in the forum convenient for most of my needs (chlorine & muriatic acid). If I need baking soda, I'll hit HEB or Walmart. Cheap & easy on all fronts. Of course Leslie's is in the Forum if you want to pay a bit more. ?

Let us know if you have more questions.