Newbie in need of help...bad!pool

Mudkicker

Member
May 13, 2017
13
Canada
So, we purchased a new home in November and the Inground Saltwater pool was closed by the previous owners. It's 51 000 litres. My very first pool of any kind.
Last week a friend of mine sent over his pool guy. All he did was install the pump and dump one packet of shock in the leaf basket. He told me to wait 24 hours and dump the second and final bag in the basket.
Two days later pool was crystal clear but the floor was very dirty. I basically did nothing for 10 days because it has been raining non-stop here in Montreal and now the water is pea soup green again!!!

-Should I add another two packets of shock treatment? (Is it bad to shock twice?)
-How long after shocking can I test water chemistry?
-When do I turn on the salt to chlorine converter thingy?

Feeling very overwhelmed, please help.
 

Mudkicker

Member
May 13, 2017
13
Canada
Just tested my water.
CL & BR are at 0.00, so what now?
PH is off the charts high. Kit indicating to add 3 litres of acid.
 

Other Threads of Interest