Newbie- heater?

Watershow

Jun 10, 2020
Riverside County, CA
Hello!
I’m in the beginning stages of building my in ground pool. Right now, we are not thinking of doing a heater as we will be building just a regular rectangular pool. I anticipate the build will be done in mid September. I live in southern Ca, (riverside county) and wondering if we will have enough time to swim before the temps begin to cool down. Usually, weather here starts to get cooler late October. Planning to get a solar cover but don’t know if it will help extend the swim season by that much. Is it worth getting a heater? TIA!

Depends what temperature water you are comfortable swimming in. Some folks will enjoy swimming in water in the 60s while others will not put a toe in until close to 90.

A pool heater always helps extend the swimming season as does a pool cover to retain heat as the nights get cooler.

Hello,
I got a quote for $4300 install a 400000 BTU natural gas heater for pool. I live in Southern California so I’m not really sure if it will be worth it to get. I’m just worried we won’t have time to swim when the pool gets finished. 82 and above temperatures I assume would be comfortable. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.