Newbie Build - 27' Round AGP - Help Me build This OR ELSE

Awesome thanks. I dug out a great spot for equipment pad.
Having a major ant problem. They are popping up everywhere and I noticed while covering up ant piles and stomping inside pool, the sand keeps falling into the ground like sand through an hourglass. I imagine this will create depressions in pool bottom, trapping debris and looking like Crud.

best fix?

Play sand and mush it down good trying to make sure you fill in all of their tunnels...........oh and get some liquid ant killer and soak the are with it and let it sit for a while. See if that gets rid of them for good.

Hooray for trenching day! ⚒

Looking forward to "bonding" with my pool tomorrow, haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it. Got trenching done for electric, and bonding. Electric is all roughed in with 3/4 conduit, extra tough cement, and 12/2 underground wire 24" deep, bonding trench 12" deep. I will pick up a disconnect box next time im out. Can I drop pvc pool plumbing and bonding wire in same hole?
POOL14.jpgPOOL15.jpgPOOL16.jpgPOOL17.jpgPOOL18.jpg

Don’t put the bonding wire in the pipe trench. The bonding conductor must be secured in or under the deck or unpaved surface within 4 in. to 6 in. below the subgrade.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I dont know what size you need but Home Depot / plumbing supply has rubber collars that use pipe clamps on both sides. Something like this :

well upon closer inspection, the 1.5" pvc seems to fit decent around the skimmer (i mistakenly grabbed something 2"), though it has a barb as pictured and not 100% positive it should mate together. The return has 4 smaller barbs/ribs and when fitted with the 1.5" pvc it is very loose, like 1/8" or so too small. Doesn't seem right that it does not fit together well, need to hold off until someone can elaborate on this. Thanks.

Its made to fit push on hoses with hose clamps - not really sure how to mate that with pvc. Whats the inside diameter? Maybe use a small piece of pvc inside then convert to your desired size if u intend to use unions & valves etc.

This one on the PVC :

This sprinkler pipe fitting screwed into it, but the pvc version. HD/Lowes has them i just cant find them

Then use a push on hose with clamps on either side.

This one on the PVC :

This sprinkler pipe fitting screwed into it, but the pvc version. HD/Lowes has them i just cant find them

Then use a push on hose with clamps on either side.

thank you i think this is the right direction. its just that that nibco is DWV only, not meant for pressure so i have to find something else.

They had both. The website wasnt liking me tonight. Of course your local HD will only have 3 of the 4 pieces you need, so maybe go to the plubling supply place. Bring pics and whatever pieces you can and they will set you up.

The plumbing supply guys do this stuff all day. They will give you 6 pieces that will bridge the gap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.