Newbie Build - 27' Round AGP - Help Me build This OR ELSE

PVC is made to be run underground. If you leave it above ground you should paint it so UV does not make it brittle.

You need unions for the pump. Check if your filter should comes with unions.

You just have SKIMMER -> DIVERTER VALVE -> PUMP -> FILTER -> DIVERTER VALVE -> RETURNS ?

yes that sounds right. so ill put one under the skimmer and one just b4 the return to pool, yes?

im not sure if this pool has one or two returns. any idea on this? bc that would change the valve i need for the return i think?

im not sure if this pool has one or two returns. any idea on this? bc that would change the valve i need for the return i think?

If you have two returns then

FILTER -> VALVE -> T SPLIT -> TWO RETURN LINES

ok thanks all!

if there is anything else you can think of that i should get for the pool asap plz let me know!

i suppose ill start looking for a ladder. however we may quickly put a deck up, and dont want to buy a ladder that will soon become obsolete.

Well I got a transit level out there and the difference between the high and low side is 14 1/4"!!

Can this pool even be buried that much?? (17"??)

How should I continue with the install with this much difference in grade? There is not a level area anywhere around here to substitute.

Hi Im trying to install a 27' round pool and got a transit level out there before any excavation. Difference between high and low side is 14.25". Can I still install the pool?Can an embassy sea isle be buried that much? Will it be buried? There is no other place in yard that appropraite and more level. What should I do? Thanks.

Burying a side of the pool will just lead to it rusting out rapidly. You need to level the ground and build a retaining wall a few feet back from the pool. Create proper drainage around the pool.

Reactions: kimkats
Burying a side of the pool will just lead to it rusting out rapidly. You need to level the ground and build a retaining wall a few feet back from the pool. Create proper drainage around the pool.

The HII round AGP install directions I have found online state to cut out pool 1ft greater than pool, so 28' for a 27'. Are you thinking I should go 30' and build a wall>? Will 30' be enough? Thanks seems like a great idea.

The HII round AGP install directions I have found online state to cut out pool 1ft greater than pool, so 28' for a 27'. Are you thinking I should go 30' and build a wall>? Will 30' be enough? Thanks seems like a great idea.

Yes, leave more room to work around the pool and for drainage.

@jimmythegreek ideas on this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Father in law seems to think i should build up the soil and compact it down, then put the pool on that.

is this worth consideration? ?

No. Pools must be put on undisturbed ground. You can't compact soil enough to support the tens of thousands of pounds of water weight without risk of settling.

I don't believe this is true. My pool is buried about halfway on one side, and is probably close to 20 years old--it came with the house, so I'm not sure exactly how old it is. The caps (on both the buried side and the fully-exposed side) are badly rusted, but the uprights and walls are in pretty much perfect shape all the way around.

What he ^^^^^^ said. Ask the FIL how many pools builds has he seen, worked on, etc. THEN ask him how many times has he read "I put dirt down instead of digging down like I was told to do. Now my pool is very unlevel. What do I do?" We see it all of the time so..............

Dig down much further and either a small wall or a swale to divert water. You can build up but that isnt a DIY job. You would still need to dig all the loam out and them build up the base with stone compacting as you go need proper tools to do this. You could also find a guy with a machine and have him prep it would be half day job at best then you setup pool

Thanks all. We are going to dig down. Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

I moved the spot over a bit to keep it out of the lower sandy area.

I am having 4 yards of masonry sand delivered monday

any ladder suggestions?

am i missing anything else?

ETA: Ordered some confer steps in grey

Last edited:
Just be sure to contain the sand. Masons samd has no locking properties and can get squishy and run away with water so needs an edge if above grade

Ok thanks, will get some timbers or something similar for that.

Pretty productive day. Got the mason sand delivered. Also got the site leveled. That is the only part im subbing out, im doing the rest of the work myself with some help from the kids. Cost to level was $200 and a root beer. I decided to leave the sand out of the circle until i get everything just the way i want it. I've got a borrowed transit level, and will get the patio stones and bottom track dead on tomorrow. Then I'll spray nutsedge + killer etc b4 i cart sand in. I've got gravel and paver sand to use under the 12x12x2 pavers for additional support. Got four 20x20 pavers I'll use for an equipment pad also with gravel and sand. Things are fixin' to get real ...

POOL1.jpgPOOL2.jpgPOOL3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.