Newbie Build - 27' Round AGP - Help Me build This OR ELSE

Hang in there for a bit. It looks good to me but of course when you need the pros, Everybody is busy that day elsewhere.
Yea I was locked down with a bunch of murderers, rapist n pedophiles.

• Wow
Reactions: Pv2
So does that look like the ideal pump/filter combo, or is there something else i should look at? just a lot of money to drop and need re-assurance lol

just got 18 pavers that are 12 x 12 x 2, some marking spray, a tube of 100% silicone, and some all weather hd 3m duct tape

Congrats on the purchase of your pool!!!

We installed a 27’ above ground two years ago... you can read about our build at the link in my signature.

Thankfully we have a friend with a transit level who let us borrow it. We would not have gotten the pool level without it!!! And believe me, we tried before we asked to borrow it. If you can find one to use, I recommend it. Getting it level is the most critical part of the whole installation.

We used sand as the base and cove. No foam. The floor is somewhat bumpy but no one complains about it!

Our equipment is listed in my signature.

If you have any other questions, I’ll try to be answer best I can. But there may be some helpful info in my build thread. And lots of pics!
Alyssa

I ordered mine from a local pool store and had it delivered to my house. Get a 25g liner.

The unibead looks cleaner and you wont have to fuss with adjustments during the fill, especially if there is a border on the overlap. You'll have to make sure its let down evenly all the way around the pool.

When we needed a new liner my husband did a search for the gauge and size liner we needed. He then picked out the one he liked then searched for the best price. It ended up being on ebay so easy to check their service!

I would not do the overlap for the reasons Casey gave.

The unibead looks cleaner and you wont have to fuss with adjustments during the fill, especially if there is a border on the overlap. You'll have to make sure its let down evenly all the way around the pool.
When we needed a new liner my husband did a search for the gauge and size liner we needed. He then picked out the one he liked then searched for the best price. It ended up being on ebay so easy to check their service!

I would not do the overlap for the reasons Casey gave.

Thank you both! Does it look like this pool is set up to take a unibead liner? Or do i need to buy extra parts for that to work?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would stick with whatever size the pump inlet/outlet were. Yours will be a very short run compared to most ungrounds so the usual factors of head loss and pressure really won’t matter.

I found it, 1.5 inch is what the pump has.

You can use the liner as a jhook and put it ontop of the metal wall. You do not need a bead reciever as long as you leave the jhook portion on the liner and DO NOT cut it off.

We used a 3 port Jandy NeveLube when we isntalled the heater. You can view them here:

Thanks. I will not be running a heater. I should go with a jandy 2 way valve, right?

Pump just came in the mail, and I noticed a small crack. Can I just throw some silicone in there? :unsure:
IMG_1668.jpg

Thanks. I will not be running a heater. I should go with a jandy 2 way valve, right?

Pump just came in the mail, and I noticed a small crack. Can I just throw some silicone in there? :unsure:
View attachment 134664
Absolutely Not!!!! These pumps and filters run with high pressure. It needs sent back for replacement. That is not a small crack and it looks used.

Reactions: kimkats and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.