Newb - Pool Build on-going...

Fred in Houston

Jun 1, 2019
Houston
Finally doing a new pool after being in our house for 9 years. We’re 1 week in, with Gunite done yesterday.

Paramount in floor, uv/ozone, broadhead, pebblesheen Blue Surf, and, now that the hole is dug, way too large. Lol.

Will try to update thread along the way with pics. I plan to maintain the pool myself so will be reading up on a LOT here in the next month or so.

Attachments

jimmythegreek

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Looks good so far. Get rid of the ozone system and trade it for a SWG and pool maintenence will ne easy. Plenty of free UV from the sun they are a scam in my opinion for an outdoor pool

Fred in Houston

Jun 1, 2019
Houston
What is swg? The “sales pitch” for ozone/Uv is that it keeps water cleaner (we have a water dog) and keeps chlorine costs lower over life of pool. Not the case?

Fred in Houston

Jun 1, 2019
Houston
Wait, saltwater pool? Nope. Sis-in-law 5 streets away had it and everything in view of it rusted. Her freakin security spotlights rusted. With the heat and humidity here, I don’t need more rust.

DJFaninTN

Aug 20, 2017
Panama City FL
looks good and they are moving right along. I live less than 1 mile from the Gulf of Mexico and I can promise you that you won't have more salt, heat or humidity than we do. it all comes down to how you take care of the water (which is much easier with SWG) vs the direction you are wanting to go.