New VS Pump for an AG Pool

Chat

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 3, 2013
My Doughboy Powerline 1.5HP, 12.4 Amp pump is dead and I'm looking at getting a Pentair 342001 Superflo VS https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-342001-SuperFlo-Variable-Horsepower/dp/B00PKHX2BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494711786&sr=8-1&keywords=pentair+342001+superflo+vs+variable+speed+pool+pump.

When I read up on any of these VS pumps, it looks like people are using PVC while my current pump using flex pipe to connect to the pool and filter. Is it a problem if I use flex pipe? Other than attaching power to the unit, is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

C,

The pump does not care if you use flex pipe or not, unless the water has to travel over long distances..

As long as you have the adapters to transition from the threaded connection on the pump to your flex pipe, you should be good.

Jim R.

Plumb the water in plumb the water out, hook it up to a GFCI power source, connect the bond wire, and program you rpm and run times. Sit back and enjoy the energy savings and quiet operation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.