Welcome to TFP! You'll initially need to do the following:
- Add stabilizer for an initial CYA summer goal of about 40. Use the PoolMath APP for dosage.
- Ensure the pH is in the mid-7 range (lower with muriatic acid if necessary).
- Increase the FC to about 3 ppm on day one, then after that increase slightly and keep balanced in relation to your CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Chart.
- Update your signature with the pool type and equipment as this will impact some of the levels required.
- Read our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and those Vital Links below in my signature.
The TA is a bit elevated, but we can come back to that later once you feel confident everything else is stable. Let us know.
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days befoe adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.