New vinyl liner... fresh water.... pH issue....

Kimnlogan

May 20, 2015
Springfield, IL
We got a new liner installed this week and have finished filling the pool with water from our hose (so "tap water"). I checked chemicals and pH is way above 8.2 , Alk is 50 and chlorine( with just the little tester that you do with the pH) is about 4.

I know I should fix my pH and alk but A) not sure what to do first and B) wonder if I should give it a couple of days and retest pH. That seems really high for tap water (I also checked directly from the tap...city water... with same results).

Hey WW !! I was replying on your intro while you were posting here. :ROFLMAO:

use muriatic acid to lower your PH
use PoolMath to calculate how much. (Probably have to google the strength of the acid, it’s not always on the bottle).

using the same pool math you can add baking soda to raise the TA but it’s close enough for now so personally I would hold off and see where it settles after adding the salt. they have baking soda in 13ish pound bags at the warehouse clubs for $7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.