New Vinyl Liner Double Roman in the Lehigh Valley, PA Area

Ouch. I bet that did hurt! We decided to add 450 more sq ft just this past weekend. Doing those rough calculations in my head initially HURT. A LOT. But again, I'm glad we are doing it!

Reactions: Newdude
I’m new here. Had a good run for the first 6 years and never even cared to know this place existed. My pics don’t upload, have tried resizing and turning off HDR. Just waiting now to be a supporter to have more options. I’m embarrassed to not already be a supporter but it’s been an expensive summer so it has to wait. The donation will do just as much good in 6 months as it would have last month so all will end well.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Current status. Not much work today - just some saw cuts. They’ll be here tomorrow to finish forming and then the rest of the concrete will pour earlier next week. Then vermiculite, liner and water! :kim:

We wanted a deep end sitting bench but with the liner and dogs it wasnt going to work. When the day comes to replace my liner i will be replacing my deep end ladder with stairs as well. Its both a bench and exit and you maam are a genious.

Thank you!

We have dogs at our house all the time. Our own, a dog boarding business in our home, and fostering for two rescue. I won’t lie in saying a small factor was ease for the pups too. I love the look of full width linered stairs, but knew that’d be tempting fate with all the dogs here.

One more pour tomorrow, and then the concrete is done! Woohoo! They still have to add vermiculite, liner and water.

However, over the past week, our deep end is getting water in it (maybe 2-3"). I asked one of the crew about it, and he said once the it was filled, the water would put enough pressure on the seepage and it wouldn't be anything to worry about. Hmmm. Does this sound right? I also have a call in to the PB directly to ask. During the dig, they did not hit any water. It's been very dry here also.

Last edited:
Better now that when it has the vermiclite as it will be easier to fix any channels and such. I would think about pumping some of the water out by putting the pump in a bucket with holes in it so keep the pump from picking up dirt and such.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
20x40’ is only $500 more than 18’x36’? My quote is $5000 more in NY.

We had priced out 18X36 everywhere just because it was considered standard. On a whim I asked how much the 20x40 was going to cost and to my GREAT suprise it was $500 more in concrete and everything else cost the same. We got a rectangle like yours and i imagine a curved liner would have been another extra charge but that $500 was the best $500 i ever spent.

It’s a Simple rectangle with concrete wall. All I had to do was pay for the concrete. The liner was the same price. It probably only added 15 extra minutes to the dig and they used my own sand that they dug up for the bottom.

Once you’ve recovered from this project financially, put in wider steps down to the pool. We did our deck and sliding glass door a few years after and went with 6ft stairs for an open unobstructed view from the house. It really makes a difference.

Once you’ve recovered from this project financially, put in wider steps down to the pool. We did our deck and sliding glass door a few years after and went with 6ft stairs for an open unobstructed view from the house. It really makes a difference.

We re-did the Trex deck about 3 years ago. I'm *hoping* that we will use the lower level sliders more and that will be our main point of entry for the pool. But great idea about the deck steps!

The deck and railing look beautifully new. Down the road it will add a lot of pizzazz with the open view you didn’t need at the time.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Yes! I have been getting nothing accomplished at work these past 2 weeks as I'm glued to the cameras :ROFLMAO:

The water truck just arrived also. I'll be busting open the test kit when I get home!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.