New Vinyl Liner Double Roman in the Lehigh Valley, PA Area

Please remind me again how everyone says going with more concrete upfront is one of the biggest suggestions for building a new pool? Please?

We just added about 5k more concrete work (additional walkway from the fence gate entry now and extra for lounge areas) in additional to the patio and walkway to our sliding doors.

More seating and more and wider walkways are ALWAYS money well spent!!!! Think if the fun the kid's friends will have at your house as they get older. You will KNOW right where they are and what they are doing AND who they are hanging with!!! ALL wins!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: l1ltaral1l
I hope that they're going to use steel in the concrete. Steel is used for strength, but more importantly it's necessary to provide a good bonding grid. Definitely require steel that's tied to the bonding grid in at least 4 places.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hope that they're going to use steel in the concrete. Steel is used for strength, but more importantly it's necessary to provide a good bonding grid. Definitely require steel that's tied to the bonding grid in at least 4 places.

Yes, def using rebar! I thought that came after the gravel base, but maybe I am wrong.

That seems awful fast on the concrete. I would have waited at least a few weeks for the back-fill to settle.

Welp, guess there isn’t anything to do now since it’s done ??‍♀️

Is there a standard industry time line for this type of thing? I’m happy to question the PB, but need some backup as I know zero. When you know better, you do better.

Last edited:
I had 2 patio companies and one cement company refuse to do the patio for one full season. It was explained to me at the time that any of the grass that gets accidentally backfilled will degrade and leave a cavity no matter how much they compact.
The guy we liked best didn’t care and said he would just come back and fix any low spots. Which we had and he did.

I’m sure different areas have different levels of settling depending on the dirt/clay

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
But anything to do now since it is already done?

I'm surprised by that wait - I am guessing many PB's don't wait just based on others build stories. I am leaving work early today so will have a chance to talk to the PB in person.

My PB and the 3 patio guys who wouldn’t start it right away said the only way to guarantee proper support was to sink numerous columns down to untouched earth, basically building a bridge like patio. That way if there was any settling, the patio supported itself. There was an industry specific term for it besides calling it a footer column. And the costs involved with ‘doing it the right way’ scared off most customers.

Very few seem to wait from what I've seen. But it is what it is. Swim and be happy! It'll probably be just fine. You have support, it's just a matter of it being sufficient.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.