Gold Supporter
Jul 23, 2021
Atascadero, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been hanging out here for a while thought I might as well register. I live in Atascadero, Ca. - same job, same house, same pool for 30+ years. Lots of ups and downs with maintenance till I found y'all, thnx. I've had cartridge, DE, and sand filters. Several different pumps - I maintain the pumps/motors myself. I didn't build my pool, its late 70's early 80's.

I love to swim, kids are off doing their thing so it doesn't get as much use as before. I especially enjoy getting up early to swim some laps before coffee, breakfast and work.

Not much to say about me - just putting in my time at work looking forward to retirement.
My wife likes to brag that she's cleaned the pool WAAAYYYY more than me, but we all know who's really the boss..:cool:

Pool stuff:
inground, plaster
23000 gallons, ~36 feet long kind of an elongated narrow pentagon, deep end ~10 feet
Drain in the deep end and one skimmer, no weir just a rectangular hole straddling the water line
WhisperFlo pump that I bought used, Hayward pump sitting in the shed waiting for shaft seal
Triton II TR60 sand filter I bought from a local live fish dealer
Liquid Chlorine injection downstream of the filter, Stenner pump, 12.5% bulk chlorine from the local stove and spa store
No automatic cleaner
I keep a solar cover on it all year long - in the summer the pool hits 90-95 degrees, my wife like that but its too warm for me except in the Early morning or just lounging in the evening
No water features
Lots of dust, lots of tree leaf debris, we get a nice steady breeze at about 2pm every day and it's amazing how much stuff gets blown in

Drained the pool a while ago prepped and painted the plaster. Plaster started blistering not too long after that, don't know if it is related. The paint has failed and now just comes of in a cloud of particles when I brush, it almost all gone now.

Bill