New (Used) Hot Tub Replace Skirt

jmusits

May 22, 2019
Greenfield Center, NY
I recently acquired a used hot tub that has quite a bit of rot in the skirt framing. We transported it home standing on its side in my small utility trailer. I’m wondering if I can lay it upside down (on some moving blankets or similar) in order to have better access to replace the rotted boards.

Thanks for your advice!

Thanks for your reply. I’ve attached some photos. The hot tub is a Saratoga Spa the mode is the Putnam. If putting it upside down is a no go, what is the preferred method? Replace everything I can when it’s on one side and then rotate to another side to get what was previously on the bottom?
4A447E99-9444-4E2E-A2F1-A9AB12E785C6.jpegA511B64F-E58D-4022-85A2-9B1535D8D92B.jpegC08CF801-C8D3-4F96-B6A3-4FB6D988FA6A.jpeg8DCF2D7D-9D7E-4181-9964-01137DF36ECE.jpeg

I usually do the bottom structure while it is on it's side, then set it down for the skirting.
I should mention that the framing provides very little support for the spa, except for the bottom boards of course. Most of the weight falls under the footwell, and the sides are mostly just to hold up the skirting and keep it level. The framing in most spas could not hope to support the 2 tons of water inside the tub, and if shimmed up on one side it will destroy the frame, cabinet, or shell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.