New to Trouble Free Pool...

Bongo67

Jun 16, 2020
Arizona (Phoenix)
I am new to TFP (like many, I have taken away much advice from this forum before finally joining today). We have just finished construction on a new in ground pool (not our first pool, but definitely new). Rectangular Pebble sheen, 16k gallons. First exposure to a UV & DE filter system, so lots to learn in that regard . From previous pool troubles in Arizona, I am very familiar with tablets and ever-increasing CYA levels, so I am definitely a bleach convert in the making with lots to learn about that as well. Looking forward to greater pool care success as part of the TFP forum.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Hey Bongo ! If you haven’t already, get yourself your own Test Kits Compared

then head on over to pool school for a refresher.ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

The UV system doesn’t pan out in the real world like some builders hope it does. But on the plus side, it’s almost always part of the package that doesn’t reduce the price if you remove it from the build, so it probably didn’t matter either way.
Check it out here.

Bongo67

Jun 16, 2020
Arizona (Phoenix)
Hey Newdude, thanks for the feedback and links (and the great info on UV systems). Yes, the UV was included as part of the better DE pump system from this builder (I guess that get's tallied in the "is-what-it-is" column). I do not hold any high hopes for it and will rely more on traditional pool sanitation. I look forward to more great feedback from everyone here as we get to know our new pool.

Reactions: Newdude