Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2021
Corona, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, we are the 2nd owners of a 17 yr old pool and we are deciding to take care of the maintenance. We already had to replace the heater last year,through our home warranty company, who promptly dropped us due to the costs. The pump is on its way out...and I want a VSP for cost savings on utilities. We do have Solar thank goodness!

Welcome neighbor! You're in good hands here.

Get yourself a TF-100-based test kit along with a Smart Stir. Best investment you'll make for the pool.

Our solar was installed prior to the pool being built so it was not sized for the extra energy demand. I'm on a Time of Use plan through SCE. During swim season, I run a VS pump at night 8-10 hours when energy costs are low. I still get a credit from SCE each year. A VS pump would be a great choice given our energy costs.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuckeygurl3
Welcome neighbor! You're in good hands here.

Get yourself a TF-100-based test kit along with a Smart Stir. Best investment you'll make for the pool.

Our solar was installed prior to the pool being built so it was not sized for the extra energy demand. I'm on a Time of Use plan through SCE. During swim season, I run a VS pump at night 8-10 hours when energy costs are low. I still get a credit from SCE each year. A VS pump would be a great choice given our energy costs.

Best wishes!
Thanks,
Our Solar was installed this past fall with the pool in mind! Getting a new heater lowered the summer gas bill drastically!