New to TFP

delario74

Apr 23, 2022
Tennessee
Hello,
My name is Delario and I live in Tennessee. I have a 24ft agp with a 200 sq ft eco kleer filter ran by a 1.5 hp pump. We've been running the perma salt system for the past couple of years but plan on not using it anymore . We're already planning on draining the pool and refilling this week and starting fresh.My main question is how much liquid chlorine and other chemicals do I need to get the process started?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You may know the Perma Salt adds copper to water, so if you've been using it for a while, your copper levels may be elevated. As such, a partial water exchange might be warranted. You can try to have your copper level tested, may or may not be very accurate.

If you do exchange water, be sure to use a TF-100 or Taylor K-1006C test kit to verify your new results. New water has no CYA, so be aware of that. Balance your FC to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You may know the Perma Salt adds copper to water, so if you've been using it for a while, your copper levels may be elevated. As such, a partial water exchange might be warranted. You can try to have your copper level tested, may or may not be very accurate.

If you do exchange water, be sure to use a TF-100 or Taylor K-1006C test kit to verify your new results. New water has no CYA, so be aware of that. Balance your FC to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels.

Thank you