New To TFP

Jhorne00

Jun 15, 2020
Wildomar, CA
Hi all, new here though I've read the forums for the last few years. A few weeks ago I ordered the TF-100 test kit which I use daily/weekly. I have an approximately 12,000 gallon in ground pool. Chlorine with an Ozone generator. I look forward to posting on the forums and learning more about pool chemistry.

Hey J and welcome out of lurkdom.

Great job picking out a test kit
Check out ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry it may take a few reads for all the terms to sink in, but in the end its real simple.

Also, check up on your ozone system here
Thanks Newdude. I just read about the Ozone system per your link. I suspected as much but just lived with it. Is it recommended to disconnect the system?

Reactions: Newdude
Is it recommended to disconnect the system
Yes that is the TFP recommendation. If you have to suppliment it with chlorine to sanitize your water, yet it was sold to you as a method instead of chlorine or for lower chlorine, whats the point of keeping it ? Many people got it as part of a pool package and didnt even know what they were getting.

Yes that is the TFP recommendation. If you have to suppliment it with chlorine to sanitize your water, yet it was sold to you as a method instead of chlorine or for lower chlorine, whats the point of keeping it ? Many people got it as part of a pool package and didnt even know what they were getting.
Great advice and a new project during quarantine. Thanks!

Reactions: Newdude