New to TFP

himmyo

Nov 13, 2019
Building a new pool in Rancho Cucamonga CA. I am now in the coping phase of the pool build. I believe they call it hand cast coping. Going with glass tile on the water line and bond beam. Still trying to figure out Salt, Ozone, or plain Chroline. Have not decided what type of plaster. My PB will be using NPT for the material. I am leaning towards the Midnight Blue Mini Pebble. Everytiime I google somethig it always leads me back to this website and it has been very helpful. Thanks for starting this Forum it has given me plenty of information to make decisions.

Welcome to TFP!

A common red flag we see when building a pool is the phrasing such as "salt, ozone, or plain chlorine". Pat already linked to some great material, but I want to get it out there: ozone is NOT a water sanitizer. If used then it must be in conjunction with a sanitizer like chlorine. As you would already be using chlorine and a residential pool does not benefit much from the supplemental oxidation of ozone, it makes little sense to include it. Since chlorine provides for the sanitation of water as well as oxidation of bather waste a saltwater chlorine generator is an excellent choice, as is any type of liquid chlorine introduction system. Solid forms of chlorine are not recommended for daily use.

Best of luck with your build!