New to TFP, question about using bleach.

do you have to test/add bleach everyday?
Except during cold winter months, generally yes. Even for those with automation, it's good to ensure the chlorine level is maintained each day since "things" happen. But those of us who add chlorine (aka regular bleach) each day, it only takes a moment with the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit to verify the FC level and add some bleach. I do it each evening when I go out to clean the poolside skimmer basket. See Test Kits Compared

Make sure to update your signature and visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry page. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Yep. It's not a big deal.

After a few weeks of testing and dosing and seeing the results, it will all click and you will become an expert on your pool.

You'll be able to predict your test results with amazing accuracy before drop one leaves a bottle. When you get to that point, you will know just what your pool's appetite is and can just grab a jug and go dump the appropriate amount in every day. Schedule your pump so it's been running half an hour at least before you will want to test and will run another half hour after you slosh some bleach in. Whether that's before work, or right after you get home, or after dinner is up to you, You can test every other or every third day. I wouldn;t push it past that because unexpected things can happen. And I wouldn't be in too big a rush to get to that point. You should have enough reagents to go a season, so don't be tight with them. And even if you do have to reorder, a few refills are cheaper than the bleach top SLAM or one trip to urgent care with skin rash or ear infection or pinkeye.

Except during cold winter months, generally yes. Even for those with automation, it's good to ensure the chlorine level is maintained each day since "things" happen. But those of us who add chlorine (aka regular bleach) each day, it only takes a moment with the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit to verify the FC level and add some bleach. I do it each evening when I go out to clean the poolside skimmer basket. See Test Kits Compared

Make sure to update your signature and visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry page. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thanks for the reply, I just ordered the Taylor K-2006C test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.