New to TFP and currently replastering the pool

Jonis

Nov 18, 2019
DFW
Hi, we are pool owners since we bought the house 1.5 years ago. It was all fine until in the summer we found a crack in the plaster. On Friday the remodel started after a 2 months waiting period. We hired a well known company as they said the will do everything in-house, however for the preparation work the did send a 3rd party to do our pool. They chipped off and put in the bonding, however we are not happy with the job the contractor did, as there are too many areas, which are uneven, chipping, thick and not covered by the bonding coat. They said they will send someone this week to fix some stuff. As we are not experts, we are seaking for some advise what to look for and be aware off before they start replastering? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to TFP.

I am not sure what you want us to look at in the pics you posted. The rough surface is what you want for new plaster to adhere to.

Here is a bunch of information about plastering...

You want it rough..........think of it as sanding before you paint. It gives the plaster something to grab and hold on to. As for the bonding agent you can ask they make sure it gets everywhere and go from there.

Kim:kim:

The roughness is not my concern, more the big difference in the thickness of the layers and the tons of small spots/holes after the chip out, which I hope ? will not cause air pockets :(

Properly applied plaster will not have any air pockets.

They went in again and now we have exposed rebars. What is the prober and best way to seal it before applying plaster?

What is your contractor proposing to do about it?

Welcome to TFP!

I just want to step in and say that if you are going to attempt to tell the contractor that they are not doing their work correctly then you would be wise to find an expert in your area to inspect the work in person and offer their opinion. Approaching your contractor with opinions you gathered by posting a few blurry pictures online will not go over well at all. This goes doubly so if you have even an inkling that you may need to pursue legal means to correct any problems.

I wish you the best of luck with sorting this out.