New to Texas, New to Pools

NewTexan

Oct 30, 2021
Dallas, TX
I’m in the process of relocating my family from North Carolina to Texas. We’ve gone under contract on a house with a pool.

This will be our first pool. I have a DIY inclination so I’m thinking I’m going to try and learn about pools and maintain it myself. We’ve got about a month before we move in, so my first question is what type of information about the pool/equipment should I try and get from the seller before we close?

New,

I suggest that you get a bunch of photos of the pool and the Equipment Pad.

Once you get the pics you can post them here and we can provide some feedback.

In general, you want to know the following..

What type of pump and how old is it.. Single speed, 2-speed, or Variable speed??

What type of filter and how old is it.. Sand, DE, or cartridge.. What size is the filter?

Does the pool have an integrated spa?

Does the pool have a heater and if so, how old is it?

How is the pool sanitized? Chlorine tablets (most likely) or Saltwater.

Is the pool gunite/plaster or is it a vinyl liner pool? How old is the plaster or liner?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: NewTexan
Welcome.

While the natural inclination is to ask the existing owner their maintenance routine, there is a pretty good chance they are not caring for it properly today, so we can help you correct any of their mistakes.

Reactions: NewTexan
What type of pump and how old is it.. Single speed, 2-speed, or Variable speed??

What type of filter and how old is it.. Sand, DE, or cartridge.. What size is the filter?

Is the pool gunite/plaster or is it a vinyl liner pool? How old is the plaster or li
New,

I suggest that you get a bunch of photos of the pool and the Equipment Pad.

Once you get the pics you can post them here and we can provide some feedback.

In general, you want to know the following..

Is the pool gunite/plaster or is it a vinyl liner pool? How old is the plaster or liner?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Have sent these questions off to our realtor. Will post once I get a response from sellers. Thanks Jim!