- What is the order of cleaning the pool each week (skim then vacuum then brush then chemicals?)
- Some YouTube videos recommend making a soap solution to put in the water before skimming - agree? What solution do you use?
- Do you brush the floor as well as the walls?
- The main drain is not at the bottom of the pool but rather on the wall in the deep end, does it matter what direction I brush?
- Does the order of adding chemicals matter?
- What else do you do weekly? Where is there a good list of what is done weekly/monthly/yearly etc?
- Do you recommend getting a leaf canister for when I vacuum. If not, do I have to clean my pump filter more regularly?
- Can you confirm the appropriate levels for the chemicals, most sites agree on most of them, but some places give different results. Saltwater pool in South Florida.
- What percentage should I have the SWG at? Someone told me 50% in winter, 75% in spring and fall, and 90% in summer
Background - new house, currently have a service cleaning and maintaining the pool. I have ordered all the cleaning equipment and Taylor chemical kits and plan to take over maintenance soon.
Thanks in advance!