New to pool chemistry

Hello all,
Took the leaf catcher off the pool to a green pool, the is my first opening (moved in last summer). Just got my TF-100 and looking for help on first steps, here are my results:

Calcium 200
TA 70
ph 6.8-7
CYA 0
Cl 0

CYA and ph up first, then bleach? The pool is a chilly 47F but the sun is shining and looking forward to the season.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was me, I'd just bump CYA to 30ish and SLAM. With the water replacement you'll have from backwashing, and the general agitation a lot of brushing and filtering will create, your pH will likely rise without any effort on your part. After the SLAM has passed -- all 3 tests -- and the FC has drifted down below 10, then rebalance everything and adjust pH if it needs it.

You're probably not. We're currently changing our procedures for cold water CYA testing - the trick is to make sure you're agitating the sample, then waiting at least 30 seconds before agitating it again and checking it. The colder water may retard the "clouding" process a bit (hence the pause being so important), but it will not affect the test other than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.