New to owning pool numbers are concerning me please help

Also just to be sure after reading slam process it seems like each day and night all I should be testing is fc and cc and possibly cya is that right?

Ok great thank you for all the help. I will post test results later tonight and each time going forward if you all don’t mind to be sure I am staying on track

Correct. Once you know your CYA, no need to test it unless you have significant water exchange. Focus on FC during the SLAM.

So just tested free chlorine and it is at 9.5. Socks are still soaking as well. Swg is off. I added one gallon of the liquid bleach

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Squeeze those socks often as well. When I add a sock with about 2 lbs of stabilizer, I can let it pre-soak near a return for about 20 minutes then I squeeze it all out in about 15 minutes. But by the end of this evening you should have the sock all expressed and empty.`

They have been in for about 5 hours and probably about 2/3 gone, it was a granular substance so pretty thick I figure by about 10 tonight or so should be done

Maintain the FC at SLAM level based on your CYA. See FC/CYA Levels

You need to add liquid chlorine every time you test and raise the FC back to SLAM level.

3 lbs of stabilizer should've increased your CYA by some 18 ppm. I don't recall where your CYA started but it needs to be 30 minimum. So if you need to add more, add only about 10 ppm worth - about 27 ounces. Then continue to maintain the FC of 12.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.