New to me Pool

YamaPool

Sep 16, 2020
Woodstock GA
Morning all...just bought a home in GA that has a pool - primary reason for the move. Freeform design, pebbletech surface, hot tub/spa that flows in...all cool stuff and I have MINIMAL skills! Owned a pool over 20 years ago so I'm way out of practice on keeping a pool rolling. I bought some of the test strips but I remember the old pH testers that you had to shake up the water...is there a recommended test kit that you guys use most often? I like the strips but my limited use says those are ball park only.

Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

Welcome to the forum! Do not use the strips for any chemical adjustments. They are inaccurate and not reliable.
Order a TF-100
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: YamaPool
Welcome to the forum! Do not use the strips for any chemical adjustments. They are inaccurate and not reliable.
Order a TF-100
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Big thanks for the insight. Just hopped online and put the order in for the Taylor Kit.