Hey, thanks so much for the great website! I just bought a house with a small in-ground screened-in pool, and I'm an absolute newbie. I estimate the pool to be around 7500 Gal (12' x 20' with an depth sloping from 3' to 5'6"). It was a bit dirty when we moved in, so I bought a new vacuum and skimmer bucket and it cleaned up great in just a couple of days. The water looks really good now, at least to my untrained eye. I also picked up a couple different test kits (strips and drops) from Home Depot, but my Cholrine readings were off the charts on both. Based on reading this website, I just picked up the Taylor 2006C test kit, which told me that my free chlorine was at 25ppm and my combined chlorine was at 1ppm. Also, my CYA was over 100ppm. PH and Alks both were in spec (7.4 and 60ppm). The water doesnt smell like chlorine, and after a bit more reading I suspect that this is because the CYA is so high, it is locking up most (90%?) of the chlorine. Is this true? Is it safe to swim? Should I start trying to lower the CYA? Also, how do I regulate the chlorine levels? I have a rainbow feeder that accepts 3" tablets and a small valve that appears to adjust flow. Do I regulate the amount of chlorine in the feeder or just the water flow and amount of time the pump is on? So many questions, but the biggest one is: can I swim yet?!