New to Group but DIY pool gal for 3+ years

AmberBineau

May 30, 2021
Yakima, Washington
Hello my name is Amber and I live in eastern Washington state. We get very dry hot summers which last from the middle of May to the end of September. I was a lifeguard when was younger so when my kids got a bit older we invested in a 6x10x4ft rectangular pool. Our entire property is on irrigation and septic so no place to put a pool but on a drain field. Our yard is also sloped so eventually every year even though we level the area, towards the end of the first month, the pool has tilted slightly. Other than that, no issues at all. The pool and filter was less than $300 and I cover the pool with a large reflective tarp when not in use with cut pool noodles and bungie's if it is windy. I have probably spent about $100 on chemicals in all the years of having a pool. I meticulously skim and scrub the pool daily and once a week, I shop vac all the dirt my kids track with their dirty feet. I run a hose from the house to fill the pool which works. My pool is always sparkly and clean. I take down the pool when it gets cold and store it and chemicals in my shop. I do need advice on how to keep the pool level but also allow proper drainage. Any help?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sounds like you have a good cleaning routine going. If you ever need help with that portion, the ink below should help. As for leveling, you're in a tough spot. Pool installed in soggy areas might generally install a French drain of some sort to try and help alleviate excess moisture, but I don't know if that will work in your soil condition. Do you have the pool support legs on pavers? If so, was any gravel or base material used underneath?