New TFTestKit Pressure Gauge

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
My old filter pressure gauge bit the dust... the scale had warped and any time the pressure went above 10 lbs. the needle would stick until you smacked it...

dbtgallery.php

I replaced it with a new one from TFtestkits for $15 bucks.. I honestly did not expect much, but the gauge I got is twice as heavy as the original (cheap) one.. It is oil filled and reads in 1/2 lb. increments from 0 to 30 psi... Old one was 0 to 60 lbs.

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

I run my pump at 1200 rpm most of the time and always had a pressure of about 2 to 3 lbs. Hard to tell for sure... With the new gauge, it is more like 1 lb...

Anyway, just thought I throw out a plug to TFtestkits for a great product and service...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

You actually need to put the filter cartridges in your filter if you want to measure any pressure....hope that helps :pth:

Did you cut the rubber plug in the back?

Matt,

Mine has a little pin on the top that you take out and then reinstall... If there is something on the back as well, I missed it..... :confused:

Jim R.

Mine has the pin on the back and you don’t remove it. Some have a little rubber nub that you cut to open. All different types. Sounds like you got a nice one.

Now install those cartridges so you can get a real system pressure reading...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.