New SWG Questions.

00xavier

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2013
Melrose, NY
Hello Everyone,

Today, I installed a Pentair IC40 Salt Cell. I used Morton Pool Salt to get started. Is it OK to use solar salt going forward? I currently have the cell running at 80%. Is this the proper setting? Should I let my pump run overnight? How long will it take for my low salt light to disappear? When will it be Ok to swim in the pool?

Thanks

How long has it been since you added the salt and what amount of salt in ppm did you aim for? If it has been less than 24 hours I would turn it down to 0% until tomorrow to let the salt mix in.

Solar salt is fine, make sure it is 99%+ pure with no additives.

Post the chem levels and we can suggest any tweaks from there.

The SWG % is dependent of pump run time and how much chlorine is needed. Each pool is different and yours will need to be adjusted as you go along. Testing is required everyday for a little while until you get the settings dialed in.

Fine to swim if chem levels are in range. You can swim while adding salt if you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.