New SWG pool owner - confused

Kcav

Apr 15, 2017
Sacramento, CA
Hi there,
We just had a new pool installed and filled in late August and are just outside of our free 30 day maintenance start up. We've had some problems with the pool start up. But now after calling them out Monday to fix very low ORP levels; I see a new "Corrosive" reading flashing at -.60. My PH and ORP and salt are now inline with Pentairs recommendation, but don't know what's going on with this "Corrosive" water balance reading? Any insight would be appreciated. They aren't coming out until next week sometime. Thank you :)

Test results? Also a signature - helps us help you - see Pool School - Getting Started

Have you researched ORP? You have to run very low CYA to not interfere with the probe and if this is an outdoor pool and SWCG you will struggle. Good luck.

Take care.

First, please fill out your signature: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Second, what test kit are you using to verify your chemistry levels.

I highly suggest you follow the TFP recommended levels and not necessarily what Pentair is recommending (I do not know what they recommend, but I am guessing the FC is too low at least).

We really do not recommend the use of ORP sensor controllers in outdoor pools where CYA is required (especially at the higher levels we recommend for SWG pools). Many have tried and failed. You will be better off running the SWG in a normal % output mode and not using the ORP sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.