New Spa Owner (Spillover)

I never run the heater unless I'm intentionally heating up a body, either the pool or spa. During freezing weather, when the freeze protection kicks in, it turns on several circuits, my in floor cleaner for one, which increases the pump speed. Freeze protection cycles between pool/spa every 15 minutes, so it also increases the pump speed for the spa, which currently happens to match my in floor pump speed.

All that to say that my system takes over when freezing and ramps the pump speed. I don't think there would be any issues under normal NE OK freezing conditions with running at the lower speeds.

During the arctic freeze we had a couple years ago, I never turned my heater on. I did incorporate a few other precautions to aid with maintaining water flow, such as installing electric heating elements in front of the skimmers to prevent them from freezing up. Last year there was zero issues at all with whatever weather we had.

--Jeff

Reactions: meie9635
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.