New salt water pool owner here need some guidance

where am I supposed to add this ? in the skimmer , by the jets ? random ? sorry new to this
From Pool School ---
Muriatic acid should be added to the pool by pouring slowly in front of a return jet with the pump running. You should pour slowly enough that pouring an entire jug takes more than two minutes. Leave the pump running for at least 30 minutes after adding muriatic acid.

Reactions: setsailsoon
From Pool School ---
Muriatic acid should be added to the pool by pouring slowly in front of a return jet with the pump running. You should pour slowly enough that pouring an entire jug takes more than two minutes. Leave the pump running for at least 30 minutes after adding muriatic acid.
thank you , I gotta find that section again what to add where.

Sorry for the delay I've been up to my elbows in alligators with the house build...what Marty said (Thanks @mknauss ). My preference is to use full strength. The more dilute version just means you're lugging more jugs and pouring more chemical. In most cases after the first year acid consumption goes way down - in my case it took 2 years!

Chris

ok so the pool is being closed next week. I made it thru 4 months of owning my first pool without completely destroying it thanks to the help of you guys ! pool is still perfectly clear however I did reduce the filter run time to 6 hrs a day, its 48 degrees here pool water is like 70 if not colder rn. I haven't tested anything lately , my customer who is a pool guy said to just leave it alone for now since its still clear and will be closed soon

Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.