New Raypack 106A

rbinn

Bronze Supporter
May 10, 2015
Nanaimo BC
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a propane heater for my little pool. I chose the Raypak 105000 btu.propane as my pool is only 9 x 18. I currently have solar so this will hopefully be the best of both worlds.
I have read about tank sizing and understand that bigger is better but I am worried that lifting a 100 will be too much. What about a combination of 40's tied together? Also is the installation something I can do myself? I plumbed all my solar and added all the controls so I'm fairly handy, I've just never dealt with a pool heater before.

Hopefully it arrives for the next weekend!

Rob

Awesome! Thank you Patrick. Heater arrives next week according to shipping. I have decent solar already, so I'm just looking to heat on those off days and in the evenings. Hoping to hit 70+ today!

Sure you could do 2 40's. So you are going to buy the tanks but you want to be able to take them to get filled? You should be able to find a local propane company that will deliver the propane to your house and then you won't have to worry about carting the tanks to get them filled. If you get bigger tank(s), you won't have to refill often also. A 100lb or 200lb tank would be better.

I just contracted a big tank for a year. Drop off, fill, regulator and hose for 700+ Canadian. We need a permit here for this size of taking so I am reaching out to any pipe fitters I know to work for beer!

It's a lot of money, I hope it's worth it...

Cheers,
Rob

So my heater arrives on Wednesday, and my propane tank (420lb) arrives the following Monday. I have a couple of quick questions for the experts.
I currently use a Suntouch to control my single speed pump and solar. The heater is analogue so from what I understand in this setup I would use the"firemans" switch on the heater to connect to the j12 jumper on the Suntouch board. Once it's connected how is it read by the touch? In my case I think I would use the solar preferred setting?

When I plumb for heater it looks like my solar from roof would go into heater then out to pool and I would leave the existing solar valve and actuator in place and just adjust the return from solar. Is correct?

Any advice would be great,

Rob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.