New Quartz Plaster Calcium Hardness

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
I am on my 3rd day and my calcium hardness is like 275. Are my levels too high? I have seen some sites say to not exceed 200? What should I do?
Keep an eye on your ph. You're fine. Its the combination of high ph and high CH that cause issues. Can you post a full set of test results please :)

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
You're on day three? You need to slowly get liquid chlorine in there before your water turns...
CYA/stabilizer?
By any chance did they also install a tablet feeder or just the SWG?

precator

Jan 12, 2011
Bel Air, MD
You're on day three? You need to slowly get liquid chlorine in there before your water turns...
CYA/stabilizer?
By any chance did they also install a tablet feeder or just the SWG?
No CYA or stabilizer instructions said dont put that in yet. Is Liquid shock ok to put in ? Just a little bit if I diluted it with a 5 gallon bucket of pool water? its 12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
No CYA or stabilizer instructions said dont put that in yet. Is Liquid shock ok to put in ? Just a little bit if I diluted it with a 5 gallon bucket of pool water? its 12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite
Whose instructions? Did they give a reason why? you don't need to dilute it, you can just pour it slowly in front of the return and leave the system running so it can fully circulate.

Have you used Pool Math yet? Do you know how much liquid chlorine to add, to reach 2ppm?