New Pump- Best Brand??

Lizstar06

Aug 4, 2017
Indianapolis. IN
Our pump motor stopped working today. It was a 1.5 hp EcoKleer, but I don’t feel like it circulated the water well. Recommendations on the best pump brand? We’ll still use our sand filter.

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
SWSuburban Chicago, IL
Our pump motor stopped working today. It was a 1.5 hp EcoKleer, but I don’t feel like it circulated the water well. Recommendations on the best pump brand? We’ll still use our sand filter.
That pump is fine... poor circulation can be attributed to a number of things... higher rate of circulation doesn't always equal better. Did you have suction issues when vacuuming? Was your eyeball return pointed correctly, were you backwashing accordingly, etc. Just a few things. I don't see the need for anything larger than that for your size pool TBH. :)

Lizstar06

Aug 4, 2017
Indianapolis. IN
That pump is fine... poor circulation can be attributed to a number of things... higher rate of circulation doesn't always equal better. Did you have suction issues when vacuuming? Was your eyeball return pointed correctly, were you backwashing accordingly, etc. Just a few things. I don't see the need for anything larger than that for your size pool TBH. :)
Thank you! I don’t use the pump to vacuum, they didn’t leave that equipment so I use an electric one. I backwash every 3 weeks or so but the pressure gauge always runs around 10. There’s always debris in the pool but it could just be related to where we live..