New pump and filter for new Pool owner!

mwtuck

Jun 7, 2021
Iowa
Hello all, first post here! Trying to learn as much as I can about all this!

We are currently putting in our first pool and I am in the process of selecting a pump and filter to use. Our pool is a 24' round, 54 deep pool. Below are the pump and filter I am looking at purchasing through Amazon. Any thoughts for me if these will work well together and with our pool?

Hayward W3S270T ProSeries Sand Filter, 27-Inch, Top-Mount​

Hayward W3SP2610X15 Super Pump Pool Pump, 1.5 HP​

I appreciate any guidance you guys and gals can provide!

Thanks!

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Your pool is around 16,000 gal so that setup should work just fine. Is it in ground or above ground? You could probably get away with a 24" filter and 1HP pump, but your choice will work.

mwtuck

Jun 7, 2021
Iowa
Your pool is around 16,000 gal so that setup should work just fine. Is it in ground or above ground? You could probably get away with a 24" filter and 1HP pump, but your choice will work.
It is above ground. I am also going with Saltwater if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Shirker

Jul 2, 2014
Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
It is above ground. I am also going with Saltwater if that makes any difference. Thanks!
If you are going salt, I would highly recommend looking at a variable speed pump. They are more expensive but it will very likely save you a good bit of money in the long run.

mwtuck

Jun 7, 2021
Iowa
If you are going salt, I would highly recommend looking at a variable speed pump. They are more expensive but it will very likely save you a good bit of money in the long run.
I appreciate that advice. I am looking for a possible variable speed pump but not having much luck. Any recommendations?

Shirker

Jul 2, 2014
Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a Pentair that I have been really happy with. But no, I don't have enough experience with one brand vs another to make any real recommendations on brand. I'm sure someone else here can help.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.