New Pool - SWG Startup

Then you are golden. Increase your chlorine to proper levels with liquid and let the SWG maintain it. At 24k gallons, you'll probably run at 50% if you bump your pump to 24x7 operation, which I highly recommend. I run mine 24x7 for 5 seasons now no issues ever, I have the same pump and SWG as you. I am at 53% 24x7 to maintain 8 parts FC in my 29k gallon pool.

Based on starting with 800 parts salt, your pool is 24k gallons.
Awesome. Thanks so much for all the help and advice. I do not have an issue going to 24/7 operation on my pump. Being that you have the same pump, what speed do you run it at? I was trying to figure out what the minimum speed needed to keep the SWG and heater working was but not sure how to figure out flow rates at different speeds. The electric is still not hooked up on my heater so it is not yet being used but it operates on flow rates between 30 and 70 gpm. All piping is 2".

Awesome. Thanks so much for all the help and advice. I do not have an issue going to 24/7 operation on my pump. Being that you have the same pump, what speed do you run it at? I was trying to figure out what the minimum speed needed to keep the SWG and heater working was but not sure how to figure out flow rates at different speeds. The electric is still not hooked up on my heater so it is not yet being used but it operates on flow rates between 30 and 70 gpm. All piping is 2".

SWG is happy with 1200 but I run mine at 2000 for better skimming. My gas heater uses 3000 but not sure about a heat pump - probably the same.

See this chart for RPMs and monthly costs. Adjust based on your cost/kw.

vsp-costs-b.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.