Glendora California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello all. We filled out pool roughly 12 days ago and I’m making way into the startup process. My question is when do I start adding all these various chemicals. So far I’ve only done MA, CH, and liquid chlorine. Right now my readings are as follows,

Ph 8.2
TA 80ish
CH 170
Chlorine doesn’t register even though I added some.
Please advise on when I should start with adding CYA and also should I dial in the chlorine also? BTW I’m using the TF 100 kit with speedstir. I’m getting the hang of it.

With a pH of 8.2, you need to add more MA to bring that down into the 7s. You also need to add more liquid chlorine (wait at least 15 minutes between adding MA and chlorine, they don't play well together).

With no CYA in the water you will lose chlorine very quickly to the sun so you can add that now too.

Fly, by now you should also haev added some stabilizer to increase the CYA. Since you can't operate the SWG for 30 days, you don't need to increase CYA to the recommended level of 70 YET, but is should be at least 30. Then balance the FC (using regular bleach) to that CYA of 30 as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. You need to avoid algae (green or cloudiness) at all costs. Withouth stabilizer, your chlorine is gone in less than an hour. Your CH is a bit low at the moment, but if your local water is hard, it will increase quickly over the season. For now, post all your numbers in our PoolMath tool or app to see all results and recommendations. Let us know if you have more questions. Congrats on the new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.