New pool, replaced salt cell, cell cord and now interface board and still getting a low amp warning

chris9008

Jun 12, 2020
Florida
Not much more to add than the title says. We just purchased a home and it has a pool. We have never had a pool so each step is part of the learning curve for us. The system is an Autopilot digital nano, the pool is about 8K gallons. Sorry being new, I am not sure what other info you would find useful in helping me solve this problem. Thanks for any help.

Dumb question here... but have you checked your salt levels with a good kit, like the Taylor K-1766? It's possible that you are low on salt. Didn't see it in your post, it might be a "go away, stoopid" question, but maybe not?

Is the cell type set correctly in the settings?

What are the numbers from the Test Autopilot display? It should show volts, amps, salinity and temperature.

What is the salinity as tested by a good salt test kit?

Dumb question here... but have you checked your salt levels with a good kit, like the Taylor K-1766? It's possible that you are low on salt. Didn't see it in your post, it might be a "go away, stoopid" question, but maybe not?
I did see the system say I was low on salt and added about 35 pounds on Saturday. I was expecting my new part to arrive today and to begin the road towards normalizing salt production. Would it being low on salt prompt the low amp warning?

Is the cell type set correctly in the settings?

What are the numbers from the Test Autopilot display? It should show volts, amps, salinity and temperature.

What is the salinity as tested by a good salt test kit?

I did adjust the cell type in the installer menu. I also updated the pool size.

Volts showed 29 and amps were 1.1. Salinity was 3100 (I added in another reply that I added about 35 pounds of salt on Saturday). Temperature was 88.

I do not have a good salt test kit yet. Being new to the pool, I was using my local store to try and learn along the way. SO the salinity was based on what the system reported.

What is the Power Level set to?
What cell do you have?
Check the cell cord and the connections.
Maybe some pictures would help?

Volts-e1546464307990.png

2016-11-17_1534-e1546464317383.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.