Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey, all.

First time ever building a pool here in Denver CO. Would love to get some feedback and insight from you pros!
Here is the basic info and will attach the plan from builder.

Pool 20' x 40' 800 sf, shotcrete construction
Pool 3'6" to 9' deep
Spa attached but exterior to pool, 8' x 8' and 3'6" deep. Spa raised 18" above pool level
Skimmers: 3
Returns: 9
Coverstar Hydraulic Safety Cover

Equipment
Pump: Pentair Intelliflo 3HP variable speed
Heater: Pentair Eti-400 400K BTU
Filer: Pentair PLM-300, 300sf
Salt System: Intellichlor IC-40 Salt System
EZ8 with Screenlogic Net Adapt.

Lights: 2 Intellibrite 5G Color changing LED in pool and 1 in spa

Pool Plan.png

Hi. Welcome to TFP.

Your plans' water volume spec doesn't match my math (I get closer to 40K), but either way, that IC40 is too small. You need the IC60. I think the filter is too small, too.

Diving board? Better check with your insurance company about that, if you haven't.

I wouldn't want a pool without an auto-leveler system (fills and drains water automatically). Was that discussed?

That's what I got from a quick peek...

Congrat's on the pool!

Reactions: Troy In Colorado
Hi. Welcome to TFP.

Your plans' water volume spec doesn't match my math (I get closer to 40K), but either way, that IC40 is too small. You need the IC60. I think the filter is too small, too.

Diving board? Better check with your insurance company about that, if you haven't.

I wouldn't want a pool without an auto-leveler system (fills and drains water automatically). Was that discussed?

Congrat's on the pool!

Thanks for the input. I'll look into those things

Hi. Welcome to TFP.

Congrat's on the pool!

Thanks, you're right. By my calculation, pool volume should be ~37,500 gallons. It looks like he entered incorrect pool depth, not the 9' depth. We would need IC-60 for salt system as you point out.

I will definitely need to call home owners insurance if the diving board going to be too expensive long term.

Troy,

Great pump..

We always recommend a large filter, but with an autocover it will work fine..

I love my EasyTouch, but if I were to build a new pool today, it would have the new Pentair IntelliCenter. The EasyTouch will work fine, the IntelliCenter is just better for the same basic price.

We always recommend a salt cell be rated for 2 x the volume of the pool... A 40K cell in a 40K pool will just not work. That said, an autocover will also help with your FC demand. Do you know the actual number of gallons your pool will be??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Troy,

Great pump..

We always recommend a large filter, but with an autocover it will work fine..

I love my EasyTouch, but if I were to build a new pool today, it would have the new Pentair IntelliCenter. The EasyTouch will work fine, the IntelliCenter is just better for the same basic price.

We always recommend a salt cell be rated for 2 x the volume of the pool... A 40K cell in a 40K pool will just not work. That said, an autocover will also help with your FC demand. Do you know the actual number of gallons your pool will be??

Thanks,

Jim R.

thanks for taking the time to look this over.

Actual Gallons will be 31,800 gallons per autoCAD calculations. I double checked with contractor.

i will ask about IC-60 salt cell and ? upsizing filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.