New Pool Plaster - Wet Edge and Noble Diamond Polished Stone

Estesec

Jan 19, 2020
Dallas, TX
Hello! We are at the last step- choosing plaster finish, and our pool builder dropped off sample colors for the plaster. Our contract says Wet Edge, but our builder says he’s no longer using wet edge because he had some warranty issues that they aren’t standing behind. Our pool has taken a long time to build bc we were working on a whole house reno and the pool started in January and has been waiting for the house to finish up (we signed the pool contract in summer last year). We’ve had a good experience with our pool builder who has a good reputation, but not sure how I feel about this switch that he wasn’t forthcoming about. Wondering should I care about this difference or is there an issue that needs to be cleared up with the contract (does he need to write a new contract in case of any warranty issues?) Does anyone have any experience with Noble polished stone finish; PB says it’s costing him more than WE, which surprises me.

That seems odd... we specifically chose Wet Edge to have the warranty of a larger company behind it, even though the installer will be on the hook initially. I am sure things happen, but, a quality installed finish should not need a warranty and it would concern me if they had multiple "warranty issues"... that reads to me like "poor installs". I could be wrong, maybe others will chime in. You could always call Wet Edge directly and ask them about the warranty coverage.

Having said that, I personally think all of the finishes are basically of equal quality... WE touts that they use smoother stones for their pebble finishes, who knows though. I would try to find out who the plaster sub is and then look for reviews on them, that is more important than the brand of the material. I would also maybe do some digging to see if you can get prices on the two finishes and challenge your PB on the cost... I haven't heard of the finish you mentioned, but I would be surprised if it's more expensive than WE. Looking at their photos online, the samples seem to show a lot of plaster, in the WE samples, you see very little plaster and a lot of stone. Not trying to put you off on your builder, and they may honestly have your best interest in mind, but I would personally do some digging before plaster day if you can to make sure that you have a comfort level with it. If your finish goes in and you're not 100% "wowed" by it, you may look back in 5 years and wonder if they screwed you over.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.