New Pool Owner

Mkleisch

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2017
Naperville IL
I bought my first house in march and it has my first pool. I'm in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago. I'm looking forward to opening the pool and spending most of the summer in it.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
M,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all Chicago pool owners... :snorkle:

Enjoy your time with us...

Jim R.

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Welcome to TFP! Make a pool signature and post a pic of your new pool. I've had mine just over a month. It's been TFP all the way and looks great. Do you have a test kit yet?

Crystal :cool:

Mkleisch

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2017
Naperville IL
Thanks. I am having some trees removed next week. After that I'll start getting rid of the algae...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mkleisch

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2017
Naperville IL
I see bubbling in my pump window when I go full skimmer with my 3 way valve. When it's 50/50 main to skimmer I don't see these agitation. Does that mean there is air being pulled in that line? I noticed my skimmer didn't have the basket or any kind of door or lid. I got replacements but I've been reading about some kind of valve that sits in the bottom? Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
Most likely your water level is too low and you're getting a vortex and drawing air. In that case it's either the pool level is too low or the weir (flapper) is stuck. You say you have no weir, so go take a look for a whirlpool and raise the water level.

If your skimmer well has two openings, then you need a diverter. If your main drain has a dedicated line, that's not likely, so no diverter would be needed.

You should have a basket in there to catch big stuff before it can lodge in the pipes and plug them. If it doesn't lock in somehow, a big river rock- bigger than the pipe opening -- will fix that.

Mkleisch

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2017
Naperville IL
Thanks. I will put the basket and weir in and actually look at the skimmer when it's running and look for the vortex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
X Introduce Yourself 1
pdilow Introduce Yourself 2
C Just Getting Started 16

Other Threads of Interest