Tijuanasean

Aug 18, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
AAE35758-87E3-4659-AB14-05C4D3FA802E.jpegMy pool was just finished June in Fort Worth TX. I bought a sump pump off Amazon to partially drain and refill to drop the CYA and CH. I hear horror stories of the gunite popping out if the water table is too high. I have a 14k chlorine pool. I’m thinking of draining half and refilling within the next two months. Thoughts? Thank you!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Welcome to the forum!
You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
I would not make any large chemistry decisions based on that data.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Per that test you have copper in the water. Are by chance using Clorox Xtrablu products? They contain copper.

You really, REALLY need your own test kit. We don't trust pool stores for testing or advice. Long history of bad things happen to pools when owners don't take control themselves and instead listen to the pool store "pros" <slight gag at the word "pro">.

The Taylor 2006C available on Amazon, or the TF-Pro available at www.tftestkits.net
I like the TF-Pro myself.

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Levels

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread