New pool owner-pool is cloudy

UtahSunSplash

May 6, 2020
Salt Lake
Hi everyone! Super excited to just be moving into an existing home with an inground gunite pool. We had a trusted pool company come out to check it out before the purchase and he gave it the all-clear. But the pool was apparently green the day before closing so the sellers had some pool guy in to address it. I don't know what he did, but now we're moving in and I have a non-green but cloudy pool. The good thing is a pool owning friend of mine recommended this site and the TF-100 test kit so I had that in hand before getting the keys. Here are the results of the first test:

pH: 7.2
FC: 11.5
CC: .5
Ch: 300
TA: 300
CYA: 39

Reactions: bmoreswim
Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. Round up your CYA to 40 and then SLAM FC is 16ppm. Raise the FC to that level and maintain it by testing and adding chlorine several times per day.
The TA level you show I suspect is artificially high. Next time, wipe the tip of the R0009 reagent with a damp cloth between each drop. Should only have to do this for a few tests.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.